Sunday 29 December 2013

The Hangover thing..



Our dear cocktailsting readers, we sincerely hope that you have enjoyed Christmas !
It is time for gifts, family, dinners, love, friendship .. STOP.
A serious event is coming : you 've spent enough time with your family, let's talk about the New Year's Eve .
We trust you for making crazy parties with your friends, boyfriends, colleagues (or family)..
As cocktail experts and party lovers we give you OUR special gift : hangover cocktails !
Indeed, every member of our team will give you its own cocktail, tasted and approved after many “studious” nights .. enjoy and let us know on 1th january !



Kiss cocktail :

This is Sunday morning, 11 o’clock, the sun is shining, birds are singing and joggers are running ! Me?... I’m violently getting awaken after a short night. I stretch out my arm with difficulty to grab my phone in order to check out the latest pictures. 

Then… I realise I’m starving and that I need to DRINK!... I have to quickly prepare my thirst-quenching and refreshing beverage: a HUGE glass of hand squeezed lemon juice with water! 
After a long sip I start to live again; the acidity of lemon destroys little by little the traces of the previous drinks and I rehydrate myself. The taste is natural and fresh, all what I need. I strongly encourage the KISS attitude: KEEP IT SIMPLE & … SOFT!


The Axel's Cocktail : 

For 1 person:
- 4 cl white wine- 1 lemon- 4 cl of sparkling water (Perrier, salvetat)

• Squeeze the lemon and pour the juice into the glass. Pour the fresh sparkling water and fill with fresh white wine. Drink quickly.

• Serve in a glass of "wine glass" type.
• Traditional and sovereign to hangover recipe: to combat the effects of the aftermath of a drunken evening too. For better efficiency, some Parisian bars put an aspirin in it.
• Make the recipe "Rinse pig" directly into the glass... and enjoy it like i did ...





Hair of the dog :

My solution : Drink a Bloody Mary ! While the popular phrase “hair of the dog that bit you” may sound logical with the whiskey (or ricard for me) left in the bottle next to your bed, it will only provide temporary relief. 
Try a Bloody Mary instead, while your blood is dealing with the new alcohol it is ignoring the old and in the mean time, the tomato juice and celery are full of vitamins!

You might be sceptical, let me say that it is efficient (of course you should drink just one glass) .. taste it , and you will know what “hair of the dog that bit you” sounds like ..




No comments:

Post a Comment