Sunday 15 December 2013

Some questions with real Bartenders !!!!!!

Heyyyy !!

Today we have decided to interview two of my old co workers in Biarritz when i was a bartender.


The first bartender is Julien Bellecave who works in the « Sky garden »  in Biarritz. At the beginning Julien has worked in nightclub but his dream was to do more cocktails. In fact in nightclub you don’t have the time to do a really good cocktail.

Where have you worked?

I worked in « set club » at the beginning, it was my first experiences in the night working. After with the same boss i worked in the Déjavu, it was a really cool experience and i 've learned a lot of things. But after i began to worked in the Sky garden (it’s a cocktail bar in Biarritz where everybody goes). And i learned to make cocktails, in this bar we make a lot of thing such as margarita, pina colada, sex on the beach….

What is you favourite bar?



 I don’t have a favourite bar, for me the bartender is really    important. He has to know how to do a cocktail with your tastes. So for me my favourite bartender is Kiko (you can find kiko during the summer at the arena café in Biarritz, for julien this guys is a magician in cocktail)


Do you have some tips for people who would like to begin in cocktail mixing?


It’s really important to know all the flavours of differences products, to know how to put together all the ingredients. You have to be really objective when you are making a cocktail, in fact your drink have to be accessible for everybody and not only for you.




Now i am happy to introduce you Juan Paul Amorim Trémont.


It’s a Venezuelan guy who arrived in Biarritz for the summer 2013. He is a real seasonal worker and he has seen a lot of different bars in different places.
And now JP works in the café café in Biarritz a trendy bar in the city.

Where have you worked?

I worked in a lot of places but if I had to choose some of them, I think I will tell you about La folie douce in Val d’isère and le café café in Biarritz, we did a lot of cocktails in those bars. But I learn a lot in the Market in Perpignan because I didn’t have a really hospitality diploma and they took the time to teach me all the important things. I was really interested and motivated; it’s why now I can do what I do!!

What is your favourite bar?

Unquestionably the market I learn all my actual knowledges in this place. It’s amazing. Take car of their Mojitoooooos

Do you have some tips for people who would like to begin in cocktail mixing?

If I owed to give some tips to begin with cocktails, I think I will tell that you have to love mixing. You need to be really rigorous, and have precision. You need a lot of dexterity so in consequences be really dextrous.

To conclude you have to thing one cocktail it’s not just a taste it’s like a beautiful picture. The appearance is as important as the taste. Your cocktail need to be beautiful and have a good tasting.

Little gift !!! it's Christmas !!!!!

The recipe of "sangria blanche" we love it in Biarritz!!! 

-  white wine, typify Chardonnay
-  cane sugar
-  lemonade Schweppes typify
-  peaches
-  orange (or lemon)
-  stick of cinnamon
-  vanilla pods

I made one this weekend !! 





 I would like to say thank you to Julien and Juan Paul for giving me a little moment, because they are really busy.
                                                                                                                                                                                                            M.

No comments:

Post a Comment